Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcome Back!!!

Welcome back to a new school year! My name is Ms. Quintero, but the students all call me Ms. Q. As of now I will be in charge of Mrs. Darstek's classroom for the next several weeks. It is possible that Mrs. Darstek may request an extension and if so I will keep you updated with any new information.

I am extremely excited to begin this new year. As you know we have received many new supplies for the students, which they will receive on the first day of school: pens, pencils, notebooks, highlighters, folders, etc. Along with new school supplies, Memorial School updated their Science, Social Studies, and Health textbooks. I have been busy perusing and organizing all the new material -- it all looks wonderful! These new textbooks, along with our recently added GoMath! give us great tools to use in the classroom.

Along with these new textbooks we are also implementing the use of Ipads in the classroom. After recent training I realized the many ways to use this technology to facilitate and enrich students' learning in the classroom. Those are only a few changes this upcoming year and I can't wait to work with all of you and the students.

See you soon,
Ms. Quintero

No comments:

Post a Comment